WhatsApp Business from Facebook The WhatsApp app allows your business to be present on WhatsApp, communicate more effectively with your customers, and help your business and company grow.
Table of Contents
WhatsApp Business from Meta
WhatsApp Business enables you to have a business presence on WhatsApp, communicate more efficiently with your customers, and help you grow your business.
If you have separate business and personal phone numbers, you can have both WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Messenger installed on the same phone, and register them with different numbers.
In addition to the features available in WhatsApp Messenger, WhatsApp includes:
• BUSINESS PROFILE: Create a profile for your business to help your customers find valuable information — like your website, location, or contact information.
• BUSINESS MESSAGING TOOLS: Be more responsive to your customers by using Away messages to indicate when you’re away or Greeting message to send your customers an introductory message when they first message you.
• LANDLINE/FIXED NUMBER SUPPORT: You can use WhatsApp with a landline (or fixed) phone number and your customers can message you on that number. During verification, select the “Call me” option to receive the code over a phone call.
• RUN BOTH WHATSAPP MESSENGER AND WHATSAPP BUSINESS: You can use both WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Messenger on the same phone, but each app must have its own unique phone number.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can more efficiently respond to your customers right from your computer’s browser.
WhatsApp Business is built on top of WhatsApp Messenger and includes all the features that you rely on, such as the ability to send multimedia, free calls*, free international messaging*, group chat, offline messages, and much more.
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
Note: once you restore chat backup from WhatsApp Messenger to WhatsApp , you will no longer be able to restore it back to WhatsApp Messenger. If you would like to go back, we recommend that you copy the WhatsApp Messenger backup on your phone to your computer before you start using WhatsApp .
WhatsApp Business allows your business to be present on WhatsApp, communicate more effectively with your customers, and help your business and company grow.
If you have different phone numbers for your personal and business use, you can install both WhatsApp Messenger and WhatsApp Business apps on the same phone and register each with a different number.
The WhatsApp Business app includes the same features as the WhatsApp Messenger app, plus the following:
Business profile: You can create a profile for your business to help your customers see many important information, such as your location, website or contact information.
Business Messaging Tools: You can be more responsive to customers by using the “Away” feature of messages to show your customers that you are away from WhatsApp or the “Hello” feature to send customers a welcome message when they message you.
Landline/Fixed Number Support: You can use WhatsApp Business with a landline (or landline) phone number, and your customers can message you on that number. At the stage of verifying your phone number, choose the “Call me” method to receive the verification code through a phone call.
Run both WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Messenger together: You can use both WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Messenger together on the same phone, but each application must have its own different phone number.
• WhatsApp Web: You can interact with customers more effectively through a web browser on your computer.
WhatsApp Business is built on the same lines as WhatsApp Messenger and includes all the features you’re used to, such as the ability to send media, make free calls*, send free international messages*, group chats, send messages while offline, and much more.
*Charges may apply when using a data package. Please contact your carrier for details.
Note: Once you backup your chats from WhatsApp Messenger to WhatsApp Business, you can no longer restore your chats back to WhatsApp Messenger. If you want to go back later, we recommend that you take a copy of your WhatsApp Messenger backup history from your phone to your computer before you start using WhatsApp Business.
We’re always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
• You can now use WhatsApp on multiple phones. To link Android phone as a companion, tap the overflow menu in the phone number registration screen and choose “Link to existing account”
• You can let users select only one option in polls and get notified about new votes
These features will roll out over the coming weeks. Thanks for using WhatsApp!